About En Garde Arts
En Garde Arts was founded in 1985 and is widely credited with putting site-specific theatre on the map in New York City. The company relaunched in 2014 with a revised mission focused on social impact. En Garde Arts creates, produces and presents bold theatre experiences that reach across artistic, physical and social boundaries. We aim to increase empathy and open-mindedness by illuminating nuanced perspectives and unspoken truths behind the salient issues of our time.
2020 is a year of growth and capacity building for En Garde Arts. Our upcoming production of Fandango for Butterflies (and Coyotes) by Andrea Thome, with direction by José Zayas and music by Sinuhé Padilla is inspired by interviews with undocumented immigrants. The show will launch at La MaMa and tour to all five boroughs of New York City in February/March, 2020. We will continue our Uncommon Voices series, a monthly event that creates an intergenerational space for art, activism, conversation and community at The Commons Café in Brooklyn. And we will continue to develop and enter pre-production for our commission of Mix & Match by Leila Buck with direction by Tamilla Woodard.
The Associate Producer will be joining a small but mighty staff consisting of Founding Artistic Director, Anne Hamburger; Executive Director, Heather Cohn and a part-time General Manager and business management consultant. The position will focus on line producing, fundraising, marketing and special events and programs, including but not limited to galas, benefits, developmental readings and workshops, the Uncommon Voices series. The Associate Producer will maintain clear patron records and help identify new cultivation strategies that move beyond the development/marketing divide. The Associate Producer will work with both internal and external partners, and help identify potential new sources of funding, both contributed and earned, that reach beyond “traditional” arts funders.
- Provide line producer support for all readings, workshops, special events and benefits, including the annual fall Gala
- Support the Executive Director on bi-annual individual fundraising campaigns
- Support in grantwriting and reporting to foundations and government funders
- Interface with artists, venue contacts and external partners for all readings, workshops and developmental activities
- Manage ticketing, box office needs and comps for all shows and events
- Support Artistic Director and Executive Director in the marketing and audience outreach for all shows and events, including creating MailChimp eblasts, working with graphic designers, and leading cross-promotion efforts
- You have a commitment to equity, diversity, inclusiveness, and belonging
- You have a passion for the arts and/or theatre
- You are a self-starter, proactive and have the ability to balance multiple projects at once
- You are detail oriented, good with numbers/budgets
- You possess self and situational awareness and the ability to listen
- You are confident soliciting support at all levels from small ticket add-ons to larger donations
- Demonstrated interest in producing, fundraising and/or arts administration
- You have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Google Suite, and at least one of the following: Ovationtix, MailChimp, WordPress
- You are collaborative and an honest and open communicator and respectful of others
Equal Opportunity and Commitment to Diversity
En Garde Arts is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to increasing diversity in our staff as it enriches our work, our art and our community. We encourage candidates who identity as people of color, trans*, LGBTQ+ and Disabled to apply. Candidates without direct arts and arts management experience also encouraged to apply, as we believe multidisciplinary experience shape the best producers, colleagues and creators.All applications will be kept confidential.
Salary & Benefits
Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000, plus paid holidays, vacation & sick days. Potential to work remotely one day/week for the right candidate. No health coverage provided.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, one short writing sample, preferably for a grant proposal (1-2pages), to email@example.com. Please include the title of this position and your full name in the subject line of the email.
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the position.