Manager of Marketing & Partnerships
About En Garde Arts
En Garde Arts is a New York City-based, Obie and Drama Desk award-winning theatre company. Founded by Artistic Director Anne Hamburger in 1985, the company has a long history of creating site-specific work with social impact at its core. We create, produce and present bold theatre experiences that reach across artistic, physical and social boundaries. We aim to increase empathy and open-mindedness by illuminating nuanced perspectives and unspoken truths behind the salient issues of our time. We are committed to lifting up under-represented voices and bringing them visibility and critical attention.
With the advent of the pandemic, En Garde has pivoted back to our site-specific roots and we’re envisioning Covid-responsible projects that will take place in 2021. We are launching two site-specific outdoor festivals with business improvement districts in New York that we feel can be a model for how we may work with cities, governmental agencies and BIDs across the country to develop a new source of earned income that will help us maintain financial stability in these uncertain times.
In addition to these presenting festivals, En Garde Arts will continue to commission, develop and produce original work. In 2021, we are producing A Dozen Dreams, a theatre-meets-art-installation, presented by Arts Brookfield premiering in May, in which we have asked a dozen women playwrights “what are you dreaming about right now?” and these dreams will be brought to life through sets, lights, video and sound.
En Garde Arts is a small organization that always tackles ambitious projects. We are highly collaborative risk takers with a national reputation for artistic excellence.
About the Position
En Garde Arts seeks an innovative and collaborative team player for a new full-time position, Manager of Marketing and Partnerships. As not-for-profit structures and funding models will undoubtedly change over the next several years, this position will be critical in helping imagine, market and implement both our existing projects and new presenting opportunities that can lead to new sources of income.
We’re looking for a dynamite business savvy person with solid marketing and/or sales experience who has a passion for the arts. The Manager of Marketing and Partnerships will work closely with founding Artistic Director Anne Hamburger, Executive Director Heather Cohn and the New Business Committee of the Board.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create marketing plans for produced and presented events
- Write marketing and promotions copy for both produced and presented events; EGA website; eblasts and more
- Actively seek unique marketing opportunities and cross-promotions
- Oversee and provide conceptual guidance on EGA’s social media strategy.
- Execute graphic design for logos, decks, playbills, signage and more
Partnerships & New Business Development
- Under the guidance of the New Business Committee of the Board, research and identify potential sponsors and new business prospects.
- Support the committee administratively including scheduling meetings, taking notes and follow-up.
- Create pitch letters and sponsorship packages for new partners and sponsors (e.g., BIDs, real estate companies, etc.)
- Follow up and finalize, contract and ensure proper execution of new sponsorships and business partnerships
As a member of a small team, you will be expected to help with general producorial needs. You will be an important presence at En Garde Arts events, supporting administratively and with our ongoing cultivation efforts.
Skills & Experience:
- You have at minimum three years of related marketing/sales experience or a relevant graduate degree and at least two years of experience
- You are an excellent persuasive writer and have experience writing marketing copy
- You have presentation design skills, including familiarity with Photoshop and expertise in PowerPoint and Google Slides.
- You have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Google Suite, WordPress
- Video editing experience a plus
- You have a passion for the arts
- You are a self-starter with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and evolving creative organization.
- You are a strategic thinker with a strong marketing/sales sensibility particularly geared towards and can identify what makes a project appealing to different individuals and organizations
- You are a great networker, an extrovert who can connect and build trust with with various constituencies
- You possess strong self- and situational awareness and have the ability to listen
- You are committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- You are detail-oriented, and have strong project management skills
Equal Opportunity and Commitment to Diversity
En Garde Arts is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to increasing our staff’s racial diversity as it enriches our work, art and community. We encourage candidates who identify as people of color, TGNC, LGBTQ+ and Disabled to apply. We are interested in candidates who are not historically represented in our field, and encourage applications from under-represented groups. All applications will be kept confidential.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time, 40 hours/week position. Salary Range: $48,000 – $53,000, commensurate with experience, plus paid holidays, & flexible paid time off. The position will begin mostly remote and as 2021 unfolds, there will be more “in office” time required. Presence at our live programming required. Computer provided and partial reimbursement for internet and phone (while remote).
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume, to email@example.com. Please include the title of this position and your full name in the subject line of the email.
Submissions accepted on a rolling basis through April 30 or until a diverse candidate pool is identified
Position start date: as soon as position is filled (could be as soon as May 1)
Please be advised that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit the needs of the position.